Wednesday, 1 August 2012

Fifty shades of battleship grey

Work continues with the 1/1200 scale ships, as I don't have a single pot of grey paint to my name I've had to mix all of my colours.
I use Games Workshop acrylics mainly and mix Bleached Bone with Chaos Black to achieve most of my colours. A bit of Skull White and some Enchanted Blue also get added to the mix at times.

 The Bismarck and the Prince of Wales.
 The Prince of Wales is really a Revell Duke of York kit.
 Airfix Bismarck with yellow turret tops.
 There are about six shades of grey on this model!.
 Shell splash markers - Milliput over a screw glued onto a washer.
 The Prince of Wales under fire!.
 Still to do.

6 comments:

  1. Very nioely finished vessels. I'm very impressed with the Prince of Wales in particular! I'm looking forward to more of this, especially rule sets and action. I have some HONG KONG 'Mighty Armada' warships, merchant vessels and port facilities that are looking for action...
    Cheers,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ion,
      I would like to see your collection, I'll have to google "Mighty Armada" there really is a dearth of reasonably priced models available to me.

      Thanks again,
      Paul

      Delete
    2. I've had my 'Mighty Armada' collection (if I can call it that) for well over 30 years now: picked up at a toy/book shop for what was even then a cheap price.

      The warships are mostly Yamatos and Bismarcks and some other vessel I haven't been able to identify; plus aircraft carriers with jet aircraft, and submarines. Obviously toys (they have wheels underneath), but have been planning to use them in ways not originally intended. I had a brief note on them in my blog in June last year. Time I updated that...
      Cheers,
      Ion

      Delete
  2. Thanks Ion,
    I had a good look through your blogposts featuring Jono's world, very nice!, those ships are especially charming.

    Regards,
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the shell splashes very clever !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not that clever, I mixed the Milliput badly and they're still claggy over 48hrs later!.
    I also got some choice comments from my wife when I was making these vaguely phallic items.

    Thanks,
    Paul

    ReplyDelete