Sunday, 16 December 2012

Toy style pre-Dreadnoughts.

 After purchasing a sheet of balsa wood I surfed the net looking for ideas on making some battleship models.
I found many good ideas but the one I liked the most was by Jim Duncan, here is a link jim-duncan.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/cotton-wool-ball-battle.html, so I shamelessly copied him. Thanks Mr. Duncan.
 Movement uses the templates in the picture above.
 And shooting uses cotton wool balls thrown at a target template.

 I chose to make British and Russian vessels.They aren't as good as Mr. Duncans though, he has far more artistic talent.
 I gleaned as much as I could from his blog regarding the rules and had much fun lobbing the cotton wool around.
 HMS Thunder takes a hit!.
HMS Tempest steams ahead.

I intend to make some more ships in a couple of weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Paul

    Well done with your ships and the game.

    Most of the rules are in my head, I must try and write them down one day.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Jim, I'm glad you didn't mind me copying you but I was very impressed by your battleship game.

      I too haven't written any rules down, I would be very keen to see the real rules.

      Thanks again Jim, I was delighted to see your comment.

      Paul

      Delete