Sunday, 17 March 2013

Hyborian Age Warhammer and Axis and Allies War at Sea

 Aquilonians and Nemedians advancing to battle.
 I am working on various modifications to Warhammer to suit my view of the Hyborian Age.
 I do prefer less deep formations as is the norm in Warhammer, I suppose it's a throw back to the days when we played a lot of WRG Ancients 5th edition.
 King Conan with the gold lion on his shield.
 The battle lines clash.
 Aquilonian longbows.

 Conan and his knights charge home, he slays the Nemedian commander and the survivors scatter.
 A very recent addition to my repertoire is Axis and Allies War at Sea.
 I quite like these rules and the semi strategic feel of the battles being based around sectors.
 The components of the starter set aren't bad but I may make a large board with larger sectors.
 A "Betty" bomber attacks HMAS Nizam.
Japanese cruiser Haguro.

6 comments:

  1. Nice Hyborian armies there. Can you kindly tell me where you got the yellow lion tranfers...perfect for Aquilonians aren't they?
    cheers
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike,
      the transfers came from the Games Workshop Bretonnian battalion boxed set and I thought the same as you.
      I have recently bought some Perry Wars of the Roses mercenaries to make some Gundermen pikes and some Nemedian crossbows but I'm very busy with my English Civil War project at the moment.
      I will get round to them soon.

      Thanks for your interest,
      Paul

      Delete
    2. Thanks Paul, the GW stuff works well for Conan stuff, better than I would have thought. I am buying Garrison stuff at the moment ( nice and cheap) for "old school" Conan games, but I have a whim to do Hyborean HOTT armies as well in plastic 1/72.

      Delete
    3. I'm looking forward to seeing your old school Hyborians, I'll keep a close eye on Mercurius Atticus.

      Delete
    4. Might be a wait and it will be on my fantasy blog

      http://broadswordsandbeasts.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/i-see-dark-sail-on-horizon_20.html

      do drop in :-)

      Delete
    5. Nice blog, I'm now a follower.

      Delete