Saturday, 25 January 2014

War and Conquest trial game

This is my first wargame of any size since surgery in October, I've been very busy at work and very tired as I lost a lot of fitness whilst on the sick. Days off have had hospital appointments and other times I just couldn't be bothered, but today I got to try out my new rules - War and Conquest...

 My Early Imperial Romans came to play in a civil war encounter.
 Eastern Legions form up.
 The Western army, the Emperor is used as an army standard.
 Having gained the strategic initiative the Eastern legiones surge forward.
 Slingers take the high ground.
 Auxilia, Irregular Miniatures.
 The Western army has great superiority in cavalry.
 Syrian archers await the onslaught.
 The Eastern CinC with the army standard behind him.
 Fierce fighting on the flank.
 The battlelines move closer.
 And then clash.
 Hard fighting on the hill.
 The western legio unit is routed and destroyed right in front of the general despite him using all of his SIPs (strategy intervention points) to bolster their morale!.

 The end.


The victorious general looks quite satisfied, having used his SIPs wisely.

A good game, I made a couple of mistakes but they didn't effect the outcome. I plan another battle tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you felt up to a game and enjoyed it.Hopefully it will be the first of many...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I've got my "mojo" back now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great battle. I really like your reports which are short and snappy (I don't get on with large blocks of text on screen!) Hope you are feeling even more chipper soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much, I really appreciate your comments, the reality is that I'm just too lazy to type much and uploading pictures is easy.

    Having said that, I also struggle to read a lot of text on screen and prefer to look at the pictures.

    ReplyDelete