Saturday, 25 April 2015

1/72nd Aircraft Models

A month or so ago my wife and I went shopping at the Metrocentre in Gateshead. I steered us into WH Smith which has a modest range of models from which I impulse bought a Revell 1/72nd Spitfire Vb. I bought a starter kit as I haven't got the proper paints.

I really enjoyed making it and painting it although there were some problems to deal with such as misaligned decals and my own mistakes. It was of course made as a wargames model with no internals and a painted canopy.

I enjoyed it so much that I bought an Airfix Focke Wulf for a good price on E-bay and built and painted it today using some of the paints from the Revell kit.

 Here's the Spitfire, I built the clipped wing version.
 And todays little project.
 Another view of the Spit.
 The spiral on the prop was done with very shaky hands but it's as good as I could ever manage.
 A dogfight double.
 Some of my older 1/72nd planes painted with blue canopies.
 Bf 109 and a MiG 3.
 Typhoon.
 It's the old Airfix Typhoon kit.
 And a Revell ex Hasegawa Mitchell bomber.
 I got it very cheap several years ago.
 I didn't realise that this version served in the Pacific till after I built it and I have no ground forces for that theatre. Ah well, someday maybe but it has on occasion strafed and bombed the Germans.
Not quite a dogfight double.

I might treat myself to another sometime...


2 comments:

  1. Thanks Phil, I just had a look at your splendid blog and now I am a follower.

    ReplyDelete