Sunday, 9 October 2016

Memoir 44 in 15mm and English Civil War.

 After playing Commands and Colors Ancients to death over the last few weeks, I fancied a change. I brought out my Flames of War collection to play Memoir 44 on my board.

 I had to use 6mm buildings for the towns but it was OK.
 I played an Operation Goodwood scenario from the Days of Wonder website.
 Tigers on the prowl.
 The game played very well, but my collection has limited scope for Memoir 44.
 I could maybe use my 1/72nd models.
 Bit I think it would shine with 1/300th models.

 We had a visitor to the bird feeder today so I gave him some of the birds mealworms.
 He loved them and was in the garden most of the day eating and sleeping. Cute!.
 This afternoon I got out some 28mm English Civil War models and had a game based on Commands and Colors Napoleonics.
 I sketched out some rule amends and got to it.
 It played well also.
 Cavalry battles raged to and fro.
And the battle was decided by the infantry clash.

Loved it.

Now Tony at link has a well developed ruleset for Commands and Colors ECW which I will download and use in future. His blog is brilliant and has been a great source of inspiration for me.

3 comments:

  1. Nice to see your figures in action, and even nicer to see a hedgehog....getting rarer these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've been playing a Commands and Colors Medieval battle tonight with some veteran toy soldiers. It's been quite a day.

      Delete